Outstanding Sports Medicine Physician Opportunity at Raymond W. Bliss Army Health Center, Fort Huachuca, AZ
Come Join Our Team of health care providers at Fort Huachuca, AZ and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! The Raymond W Bliss Army Health Center is located approximately 70 miles southeast of Tucson and home to the US Army Intelligence Center. We proudly call it “the best kept secret in the West.” Come join our talented team of physicians and healthcare professionals, collaborate to offer a full spectrum of ambulatory primary care, prevention and surgical services to the men and women who bravely serve our country. Consisting of one main health center, and several satellite clinics, we take care of the healthcare needs of approximately 20,000 active duty Soldiers, Retirees and their families. It’s a job we don’t take lightly.
* Excellent Compensation - 1099 Consultant! (employee options available w/benefits)
* Sign-On Bonus!
* Full Time Position Days - Monday - Friday!
* PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* NO Weekends! NO Call! NO Holidays!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
SCOPE OF PRACTICE: Sports Medicine Physician will be required to provide the following medical assessment, examination and treatment: 1. Perform military physical examinations and record the findings in proper format. 2. Evaluate and treat a typical scope of conditions encountered in typical sports medicine practice. 3. Refer illness, the management of which falls outside the physician’s scope of expertise, to specialty or emergency care as appropriate to the condition and patient needs. 4. Identify and report those situations and individual cases which have public health significance and carry out effective control measures. 5. Clearly communicate to other health personnel either orally or in writing the findings, diagnosis and planned treatment regimen. 6. Stabilize a patient with a medical or surgical emergency and/or transfer to physician care and/or call 911. 7. Determine appropriate means of evacuation of emergency patients, prepare patients for evacuation and arrange for evacuation support. 8. Maintain outpatient medical records in accordance with MTF procedures. 9. Comply with MTF established formulary when writing prescription orders. 10. Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to, the following: Quality Improvement meetings, professional staff meetings, Commander’s staff meetings, Department meetings, and others by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the department chief or his/her designated representative. 11. Provide clinical appropriate education and instruction to professional staff when needed. 12. Specialty sports medicine services: examine, diagnose, treat and prescribe course of treatment for patients having disorders, malformations, diseases, and/or injuries. 13. Preoperative and postoperative pain management of surgery patients. 14. Provide consultation services for members of the health facility staff for purposes of specialty area training.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Candidate will be expected to receive free training prior to/during their contract period on policies and procedures of the MTF/Army, Composite Healthcare Computer System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Electronic Medical Record Keeping Systems as well as comply with the standard MTF health and immunization requirements, which include receiving a general physical examination prior to contract commencement.
WORK SCHEDULE: Clinic hours are some portion of 0500 thru 1630 daily, Monday-Friday and the position will be required to work a portion of these hours, based on the schedule needs. The position will work 40 hours per week. No overtime is permitted. Standard federal holidays, training holiday and some annual leave will be provided.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Family Medicine at Raymond W. Bliss Army Health Center (RWBAHC) 2240 Winrow Avenue, Bldg. 45001Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613-7079
ABOUT PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Family Medicine at Raymond W. Bliss Army Health Center (RWBAHC)/ Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) is an Army run medical clinic near Sierra Vista, Arizona that operates Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays). The MTF provides a range of medical services which include but are not limited to: Dietetics, Family Medicine, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Physical Therapy, Psychiatry, Family and Population Health (wellness), Psychology, Social Work and Substance Abuse. All services provided by MTF free of charge to its patients.
* Education: Must have successfully completed an MD/DO program from a US or Canadian school approved by a recognizing accredited body in the year of the applicant’s application
* Licensure: Must possess and maintain a current, valid and unrestricted license to practice Sports Medicine and Family Medicine in one of the 50 states, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands. Graduates of foreign Medical schools are required to possess both a medical license and certification by the ECFMG of 5th Pathway.
* Certification: 1) Must be board certified in Family Medicine. 2) Must have completed a Sports Medicine Fellowship. 3) Current BLS certification required (American Heart Association – Healthcare Provider).
* Experience: Must have two years FT practical experience in Sports Medicine acquired in the past five years.
* Must be a U.S citizen and Have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.