Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a regional hospital within the Massachusetts General Hospital and Partners HealthCare system, in collaboration with the University of New Hampshire Athletics Department, is recruiting for a full-time, non-operative sports medicine physician to join its busy and growing orthopedic and sports medicine practice -- Wentworth Health Partners Seacoast Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, with locations throughout the picturesque seacoast area of New Hampshire.
• Build and maintain a full-time clinical practice in non-operative sports medicine as well as serve as the head team physician for the University of New Hampshire and its 500+ NCAA Division 1 student athletes
• Manage the Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Sports Concussion Program and supervise athletic trainers deployed to school-based teams in the Seacoast area
• Provide high level and patient-centered care in the discipline of sports medicine
• Provide musculoskeletal ultrasound
• Coordinate and participate in UNH sports event coverage
• Assist with UNH training room coverage
• Residency in primary care/internal medicine/family medicine/physical medicine and rehabilitation followed by completion of ACGME accredited Sports Medicine fellowship
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Sports Medicine
• Experience in concussion treatment
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is a not-for-profit charitable health care organization located in Dover, New Hampshire with a 110-year history of compassionate care and innovation. Serving the Seacoast communities since 1906, it is a family of 3,000 employees including 500+ registered nurses and a medical staff of over 480 physicians and advanced practitioners dedicated to the health, safety and well-being of residents and visitors to the Seacoast area of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. Wentworth-Douglass Hospital was awarded Magnet® designation in 2016, joined the Massachusetts General Hospital family in 2017 and includes a 178-bed hospital, several urgent care and walk-in facilities, multiple testing centers, Wentworth Health Partners (primary and specialty provider practices), The Works Family Health and Fitness Center and the Wentworth-Douglass Foundation. For more information, visit wdhospital.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Internal Number: 3106785
About Wentworth Douglass Hospital
At Wentworth-Douglass, we believe that our people, values and focus on quality care make the difference for our community.
We recognize, reward, and invest in those that share our values and help us positively impact our community's health and patient satisfaction. We believe in participative leadership at all levels to create a workplace reflective of our core values and that helps our employees reach their highest potential.